Niki

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blind_angel16

Reaction score
Here are some photos of my female Chinese Mantis (or Tenodera sinensis), Niki. I'm not a photographer, much less a novice one, so please bear with me. :sweatdrop:

I'll add more photos every so often.

223681_2361126631813_1359739715_2765520_7942387_n.jpg

Niki on her ladder.

223681_2361126671814_1359739715_2765521_2795050_n.jpg

Looks like Santa has a new helper. :)

223681_2361126711815_1359739715_2765522_5786959_n.jpg

A back view of her in her container.

223681_2361126751816_1359739715_2765523_7632678_n.jpg

Lol, Kecleon.

223681_2361126791817_1359739715_2765524_1456176_n.jpg

Close-Up.

Isn't she? :)

i like the addition of the pokemon in the pictures!
Thanks. :D I didn't have any Bug or Grass types, but seeing as both Kecleon and Mantids can change color, I decided he was better to use. He actually helped Niki catch a cricket once by blocking it from proceeding further up the ladder! It looked like he scared the cricket, too, and he once put Niki into a threat pose when I was placing him back on the ladder after taking him out. I didn't get a video of it, but here's a classic Pokémon rendition of what happened with the cricket:

A wild KRICKETOT appeared!

Go! KECLEON and NIKI!

KECLEON used ASTONISH!

Wild KRICKETOT flinched!

NIKI used QUICK ATTACK!

A critical hit!

Wild KRICKETOT fainted!

KECLEON gained 23 EXP. Points!

NIKI gained... a snack! :lol:

Isn't she? :)

Thanks. :D I didn't have any Bug or Grass types, but seeing as both Kecleon and Mantids can change color, I decided he was better to use. He actually helped Niki catch a cricket once by blocking it from proceeding further up the ladder! It looked like he scared the cricket, too, and he once put Niki into a threat pose when I was placing him back on the ladder after taking him out. I didn't get a video of it, but here's a classic Pokémon rendition of what happened with the cricket:

A wild KRICKETOT appeared!

Go! KECLEON and NIKI!

KECLEON used ASTONISH!

Wild KRICKETOT flinched!

NIKI used QUICK ATTACK!

A critical hit!

Wild KRICKETOT fainted!

KECLEON gained 23 EXP. Points!

NIKI gained... a snack! :lol:
:lol: That is hilarious and cute. Even though I know next to nothing about pokemons. They started to be all the rage when I was already in my 20's. :rolleyes:

It makes me feel old to know that even some adult members were wild about the pokemons. :mellow:

:lol: That is hilarious and cute. Even though I know next to nothing about pokemons. They started to be all the rage when I was already in my 20's. :rolleyes:

It makes me feel old to know that even some adult members were wild about the pokemons. :mellow:
Don't feel old, likebugs! Some of us learned about Pokemon from our kids or grandkids. Sunny was Very Serious about them and I was expected to be able to recognize them and know their stats or suffer a dreaded Eye Roll. Kecleon was a third gen. Pokemon who could change color. He must have apperaed around 2002, when The Kid was 9.

BTW, "Pokemon" like "Kecleon" is both singular and plural, like some AngloSaxon English words such as "geese".

HaHa! I was doing fine until I got to "geese"! "Look, mom, a geese!" O.K., like "sheep". :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel old, likebugs! Some of us learned about Pokemon from our kids or grandkids. Sunny was Very Serious about them and I was expected to be able to recognize them and know their stats or suffer a dreaded Eye Roll. Kecleon was a third gen. Pokemon who could change color. He must have apperaed around 2002, when The Kid was 9.

BTW, "Pokemon" like "Kecleon" is both singular and plural, like some Anglosaxon English words such as "geese".
Thanks for that! :) It has been a trying day for me, and feeling old was not helping. :lol:

@blindangel. I really did enjoy the rendition on how it went down for Niki, Kecleon, and Kricketot!

Do let me know when something like that happens again! :D

HAHAHA i like your imagination! I hope it was a tasty one.
Thanks. I didn't eat it, but I can vouch for Niki that it was, in fact, "tasty."

BTW, "Pokemon" like "Kecleon" is both singular and plural, like some AngloSaxon English words such as "geese".

HaHa! I was doing fine until I got to "geese"! "Look, mom, a geese!" O.K., like "sheep". :p
Actually, my mom learned from me, so she sometimes plays it; that makes three of us in our house that play Pokémon (my sister is the other one).

That irritated me during the first season of Pokémon especially, like when Ash said, "You Spearows leave my Pikachu alone!" Oh, and how they used to pronounce Pokémon, "Polkamon." <_<

Thanks for that! :) It has been a trying day for me, and feeling old was not helping. Time for the antianxiety medication. :lol:

@blindangel. I really did enjoy the rendition on how it went down for Niki, Kecleon, and Kricketot!

Do let me know when something like that happens again! :D
Thanks. Actually I did something else like this, but in another forum. A few new photos by guapoalto049 had a picture which looked like a Pokémon battle between two Scyther called "Staredown." I started the battle, but I'd like some people to keep it going. It looks like a dead thread right now anyway, unless guapoalto049 gets more pictures added.

P.S.: Anyone who tries to keep it going should try to keep their reply as close to Pokémon as possible. For example:

FIGHT:

• QUICK ATTACK
  • LEER

SCYTHER used QUICK ATTACK!

Wild SCYTHER used LEER!

SCYTHER's DEFENSE fell!

What should SCYTHER do?

• FIGHT
  • POKéMON
  • BAG
  • RUN

Thanks. I didn't eat it, but I can vouch for Niki that it was, in fact, "tasty."

Actually, my mom learned from me, so she sometimes plays it; that makes three of us in our house that play Pokémon (my sister is the other one).

That irritated me during the first season of Pokémon especially, like when Ash said, "You Spearows leave my Pikachu alone!" Oh, and how they used to pronounce Pokémon, "Polkamon." <_<

Thanks. Actually I did something else like this, but in another forum. A few new photos by guapoalto049 had a picture which looked like a Pokémon battle between two Scyther called "Staredown." I started the battle, but I'd like some people to keep it going. It looks like a dead thread right now anyway, unless guapoalto049 gets more pictures added.

P.S.: Anyone who tries to keep it going should try to keep their reply as close to Pokémon as possible. For example:

FIGHT:

• QUICK ATTACK
  • LEER

SCYTHER used QUICK ATTACK!

Wild SCYTHER used LEER!

SCYTHER's DEFENSE fell!

What should SCYTHER do?

• FIGHT
  • POKéMON
  • BAG
  • RUN
I have no idea what SCYTHER should do. :lol: I guess I really am getting old.

Nice. I have an adult female and adult male sinensis, and I'm planning on mating them sometime next week. Also getting ready to mate my Carolinas. :)

Nice. I have an adult female and adult male sinensis, and I'm planning on mating them sometime next week. Also getting ready to mate my Carolinas. :)
u_jelly.jpg

Yes, yes I am. :lol: I've been trying to find a male for Niki for a while. No success, yet, but I'm not giving up.