Nikki Mantis very ill

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, shes on her way out :( A healthy mantis wouldnt have such bad digestive problems They blow their chunks out, act better for a few days, then die cause they refuse food Seen it happen to many old females (though they typically dont vomit or eat at all)
I'm sure you're making Digger feel much better Alex.

Good question Like. Her poop did change consistency a day or two before this vomiting began. It was darker, softer and ill-formed (not like the normal gray pellets). This could be a systemic breakdown from natural old age. Although the puking only began after she was fed that Pet Smart mealworm yesterday evening.
Poor baby. My first thought knowing she was an older girl is it might be more do to her age than anything wrong with the food. Mealworms do have a lot of chitin so that isn't the easiest on old tummies.

Pawn finally succumbed to old age a few days back. It was strange, it was almost like she waited for me to get my new nymphs so I would have some buggy babies before she finally relaxed and let herself pass.

Kriss, Sorry to read about Pawn. What was her estimated age and species? I also have recently acquired Ponder Mantis (L4 budwing) from Mvalenz and will be getting a few Chinese nymphs from Malakyoma in several weeks to come. It would be great to have Nikki around for the arrival of the Chinese nymphs (Nikki is a T. sinensis).

Nikki has been moved to a clean room in the ICU. Easy to monitor, perfect temperature and pleasant surroundings. She asked for her first ooth to be moved in with her. Fresh organic honey from Brazil is on standby. This evening she said she is touched by all the heartfelt sentiments and will fight hard to a full recovery. She did add - "don't mind the cruel comment from the boy in Connecticut. His parents are probably Republicans."

Nikki_in_ICU_02-05-2013.JPG

Kriss, Sorry to read about Pawn. What was her estimated age and species? I also have recently acquired Ponder Mantis (L4 budwing) from Mvalenz and will be getting a few Chinese nymphs from Malakyoma in several weeks to come. It would be great to have Nikki around for the arrival of the Chinese nymphs (Nikki is a T. sinensis).
She was a Chinese mantis also, going ten plus months. I do my own version of ICU with my girls when their time is near. They get to snuggle on a blanket and I have a special star light that radiates different colors that I leave on near them.

She did add - "don't mind the cruel comment from the boy in Connecticut. His parents are probably Republicans."
no we r all democrats here

republicans r pro-life, here we r pro-choice

and u need to take my comments with a grain of salt

i'm not being cruel, i'm being realistic

nikki is an awesome mantis but nothing lives forever :(

no we r all democrats here

republicans r pro-life, here we r pro-choice

and u need to take my comments with a grain of salt

i'm not being cruel, i'm being realistic

nikki is an awesome mantis but nothing lives forever :(
Worry not, young Jedi. My comments are all in sardonic fun.

Remind her that all her fans love her! I love her picture.

My big girl Tank also likes a soft bed and is missing a leg and a half. I am about to give her some honey. She is not always sweet like Nikki. She gets impatient with me and will threaten to bite.

Latest posts