Ninja molt!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bathory

Reaction score
So I knew Elizabeth Bathory was due for a molt, it's been about 2.5 weeks since last time and she was looking "molty". But little did I know that I'd find her almost finished when I peered into her enclosure! She ate yesterday and I figured it might be time tonight or tomorrow but this girl tends to surprise me.

24231921_10212342264446757_5487494195626694623_n.jpg24294043_10212342390809916_7795850797167559279_n.jpg

Im just gonna guess sub adult. Your gonna see the wing buds get swollen then you know the big molt is coming up!

Wow she’s getting big! Congrats on a successful molt

Yeah when my Rhombodera was about to go through her final molt her wing buds were huge. I have a question though! How long should I expect her to still be attached to the old exoskeleton before she crawls out?

Yeah when my Rhombodera was about to go through her final molt her wing buds were huge. I have a question though! How long should I expect her to still be attached to the old exoskeleton before she crawls out?
i just keep a lamp on mine after a molt so they can dry faster.

It's always awsome to catch them in the act. My shield had a ninja molt a while back. He ate the day before which he never did before a molt. I figured it would be another week before he molted. I was walking by and decided to pick up his cage and take a look. He was hanging just like yours. I felt like I was holding a grenade. I set him down very gently and walked away

Speaking of catching them in the act.. I just walked in on my female orchid drying her wings!

Yeah it’s a big day... I’ve had her since L3... got two subadult males lined up for her

Latest posts