Nobody breeds Carolina mabtids?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugmankeith

Reaction score
I've seen so few people breeding them. They are probably the most wanted mantis on this site! Simply because they are easy to raise, and people want them to release in their yards (in states they occur). Myself included I've been trying to buy the ootheca but only got imitations sent and it got me mad!

Anyone who breeds should breed the Carolina mantis and sell the ootheca here, so people can buy them being they are impossible to find online.

I was breeding them, but traded off all ooths. Actually, I've been out scouting my area for a new pair or even ooths but yet to have luck. Check in with CosbyArt, good friend of mine.... He should have some if no one else does, though I haven't heard from him in a few weeks.... Still worth the shot of contacting him.

If nothing else... I'll keep you informed on any findings. =)

I'd second the recommendation of CosbyArt. He is an amazing breeder and all around good guy. I got a few carolinas from him a while ago and intend to breed them.

I can go out and collect them in my yard, what are you willing to pay. Ooths or nymphs, i cant guarantee a wild ooth though

Funny thing i go to check on my yard ooths and they are hatching as we speak.

I collected a few nymphs if you need some i got about 6 i think. Rest are headed to the trees lol.

I breed them and have many nymphs. They are pretty nice to have at shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok i will let them go Then. So you just want them to release? Would be good idea for you to breed them then set alot of ooths out to over winter for next year

I'd like to recommend Mikhalis, I bought a lot of Carolina nymphs from him recently and they were very healthy and active. Everyone in my office wants mantis as pets or their garden since I brought a few of the nymphs in for show and tell.

Latest posts