Nobody using the chat room?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
I've been gone all this time, and I come back to find the chat room is more dead than ever. If anyone else has some time to kill, come on over. I'm bored out of my mind. :yawn:

Good to see you again! Well, the chat went away for a long time and came back not too long ago. I just forget it's there.

There's a chat??
blink.gif
:lol:

Thanks Rick, its good to be back. I had a feeling the situation may have been something along those lines. I know the chat room doesn't exactly have the best track record.

You mean the integrated instant messenger? I wouldn't know why, but its an interesting idea.

Personally, I like the setup of the chat box over at http://terraforums.com/forums/index.php. It has worked very well for that community for a long time. That said, there's really nothing wrong with the chat room here at all.

Ive been on Chat hundreds and hundreds of times and no one is ever on.

Ive been on chat hundreds of times and no one is ever on, unless theres a problem with my computer, or the chat, I dont think anyone ever goes on.

Well! I never! :angry: haha, I went in there once, there were bright lights, and no one was there but me, I shouted hello, and there was an echo, scared the bloomers right off of me! :lol: havent been back sence:lol: :blink: :unsure:

I check the chat room quite frequently. I saw you in there recently, Andrew, but I think you weren't at your computer at the time. If I remember right, I think this forum used to have a thread in which people would post times to chat, or to let one another know that they are in the chat room. I could be thinking of another forum, though.

Maybe we could setup a thread like that? I'd be down for chatting whenever.

Welcome back, by the way. :)

Thanks Shorty. I think I must have walked away from my laptop briefly. I remember coming back and seeing that you had entered and left. Yeah, I do recall a thread here that people would bump if they were in the chat. We should definitely try and set something like that up, maybe an evening chat on the weekends? Two different threads, one sticky with the official meeting times and another one for people to bump if they are in the chat at another time. Or maybe it would be better to keep it all to one thread.

Just brainstorming.

Thanks Shorty. I think I must have walked away from my laptop briefly. I remember coming back and seeing that you had entered and left. Yeah, I do recall a thread here that people would bump if they were in the chat. We should definitely try and set something like that up, maybe an evening chat on the weekends? Two different threads, one sticky with the official meeting times and another one for people to bump if they are in the chat at another time. Or maybe it would be better to keep it all to one thread.

Just brainstorming.
I like the idea of having official meeting times, perhaps even a few days a week. Sunday evenings would be a good time when I think most people would be home. Maybe we could have chats on a few weekdays as well. We could poll the forum members and see what the best days and times are for everyone. Having a pinned thread with the official times as well as another thread for people to post when they are online would be better, in my mind, than having one thread for both. It would be easier to find the times for the official community chats this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to get a chat going at 8:00 PM EST tonight. Anyone care to join me? If so, see ya there!

Latest posts