Non-Mantis related hobbies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Writing is a big hobby of mine. Been doing it for 10+ years. I collect jewerly that has peoples photos in them. Or things previous owners engraved on their items. To perserve their memories.

I also have a few haunted items.

@Graceface Oh that's awesome you used to have one, they are amazing dogs! My Dobe is a male- a good boy but definitely still a handful at 8 months!😂

I've had tons of hobbies through out my short life. I used to be a severe video game addict around a year ago and very reluctantly got over the obsession. I hated myself for the amount I used to play. Thank god I don't play video games anymore. I used to Rubiks Cube. I could solve a cube in under 30 seconds. I love forensics. Even though I don't know much about it. I also like cellular biology. Anatomy is cool. I love math. Currently taking math that is two years above my grade level. I am an avid reader. I'm also pretty fast at reading. I keep ants. I've tried keeping termites. I keep a beta fish. I used to have a huge aquarium and actually bred some fish. I keep mealworms. I have a cat. I like playing basketball. I have an 8/10 average in layup so I'm decent. I used to be on a swim team. I play on a soccer team. I used to play some tennis. I love knee boarding. I love scuba diving. I spend a lot of time listening to music. I adore photography. I like to run early in the morning. And yeah. As you can probably tell, I have/had many hobbies. 😄

-Cole

edit: @MantisGirl13 what kind of books do you read? I am also about your age so I could reccomend some books to you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Major I like mystery and adventure mostly, but I enjoy almost all kinds of fiction and true stories. I like a lot of books.

- MantisGirl13

I like to do other DIY hobbies and gaming. For gaming I used to play COD and Halo pretty competitively. Since getting more settled into work etc, I have been playing Overwatch.

Our latest DIY hobbies have been custom knives and custom hifi speakers. Here are a couple pictures of what we made.

FFIA4s0l.jpg

tCGDH9Cl.jpg

ODYLZ4zl.jpg

ayBmFVNl.jpg

laFVqpel.jpg

NVqv9Wml.jpg

My primary hobbies are fossil hunting and collecting skulls. 

I also like hiking, birding, herping, etc. 

100_1835.JPG

IMG_20130108_125357.jpg

Nice work, You should sell  it :)
I do have a little side business selling custom knife scales, but the actual metalwork and speaker design takes too much time to be profitable for me. Though you just gave me a thought; I need to make myself a set of mantis scales. I have made scales for Overwatch, Destiny, fishing, and other hobbies people have. A mantis would be great, especially in a spyderco knife to keep with the bug theme.

Those are awesome @Rick, seems like a great hobby. What are they from?

@ohaple my spyderco seems so boring now that it doesn't have a mantis on it! 😉😁 

@Rick Really cool! Fossil hunting sounds like a fun pastime 
Which one, if you don't mind me asking? I collect them. My folding knife collection is up to about 65-70, half of which are Spyderco.

Which one, if you don't mind me asking? I collect them. My folding knife collection is up to about 65-70, half of which are Spyderco.
I have an old stainless Endura 4 inch fully serrated as 'my' knife, but my husband and I own i think 4, maybe 5 Endura of varying age, blade, and grip

We own other knives, too, like a cold steel tanto and a cold steel sword

I have an old stainless Endura 4 inch fully serrated as 'my' knife, but my husband and I own i think 4, maybe 5 Endura of varying age, blade, and grip

We own other knives, too, like a cold steel tanto and a cold steel sword
All good knives. The Endura is longer than I like to use due to our local carry restrictions, but it is a great knife. The cold steel series are also well-respected though I don't have any myself.

All good knives. The Endura is longer than I like to use due to our local carry restrictions, but it is a great knife. The cold steel series are also well-respected though I don't have any myself.
I'm fortunate to live in a place where we have no carry limit, so I say bigger is better 😊 My husband always wanted a sword, so I bought him a cold steel Katana for Christmas last year. He hasn't used it to cut anything, but I've seen videos of them in use and they are pretty sharp! Its the family zombie apocalypse defense weapon, lol! I love Spyderco personally; they are my favorite knife company