Northern Praying Mantis Kung Fu

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps we are talking about a different thing? :?
Nope, I cant recall if it was UFC #6, but one of the earlier UFC (when they actually had different styles instead of all JBB/Shoot.)

You're right though, shoot-fighting is effective vs. Kung Fu.

Show me a Shaolin monk that is willing to rip out any throat! Shaolin (for those who dont know) are Chen (zen in japanese) Buddhist and it is completely against our religion to kill or even shed blood. Thats why there re so many forms of the staff and other blunt objects.
In self-defense, of course :p Another good point though supporting the fact that the truest masters wouldnt even consider ever entering a UFC.

Perhaps we are talking about a different thing? :?
Nope, I cant recall if it was UFC #6, but one of the earlier UFC (when they actually had different styles instead of all JBB/Shoot.)

You're right though, shoot-fighting is effective vs. Kung Fu.

Show me a Shaolin monk that is willing to rip out any throat! Shaolin (for those who dont know) are Chen (zen in japanese) Buddhist and it is completely against our religion to kill or even shed blood. Thats why there re so many forms of the staff and other blunt objects.
In self-defense, of course :p Another good point though supporting the fact that the truest masters wouldnt even consider ever entering a UFC.
I'd actually like to debate (not fight or bicker) that. I mean the last part i completely agree with.

But even thought they could rip out a throat, i doubt it would ever happen for any purpose. thats why the shaolin are so famous (other than the traing methods and medicenes). They practice violence to be peaceful

I'm actually just beginning to learn Seven Star Praying Mantis Kung Fu. This is my second "formal" martial art that I've taken up (I've also done American Kenpo Karate). Although some of the techniques are not necessarily attacks you would use on the street, they still have practical uses in training and conditioning your body. It's about time someone posted about kung fu! :D

Latest posts