not eating food

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aje88

Reaction score
ok yesterday my chinese molted to an L3-L4 and he still has not eaten yet i got in the mail opened the box and then thirty minites later he molted.when will he start eating again.i already gave him a woodlouse and a cockroach and he just looks at it and doesnt strike.i even put him and the woodlouse ander a cup and he doesnt even touch it.can someone help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is this in the introductions forum? I am moving it.

It will eat when ready. If it just molted it will eat in a day or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
make sure there is enough heat for them to dry and recover from the molt ,should eat in 2 days or so

ok yesterday my chinese molted to an L3-L4 and he still has not eaten yet i got in the mail opened the box and then thirty minites later he molted.when will he start eating again.i already gave him a woodlouse and a cockroach and he just looks at it and doesnt strike.i even put him and the woodlouse ander a cup and he doesnt even touch it.can someone help me.

No, it's O.K.! It's the English name for what we call pill bugs or sow bugs or rolly pollies over here. :)
We call them 'slaters' in Oz. Not too sure about their nutritional value though. They're crustaceans so they must smell nice when they come to a boil :D

Latest posts