not looking good

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a pic i took last week before the male shed to adult

2562472900_53e150c2ee_o.jpg

Rick, I'm interested to know how old the males you have had live to on average ?
You know Rob I wish I had kept track. I never really keep track of life spans. I have also not had these in awhile. I do know that the males would mature much sooner than the females but the males would still be very active when it came time to mate with the females. I would say if memory serves my correctly that the males would go at LEAST six months.

i received my adult female today from bugzilla.its mine which i reared from a nymph..i sent it to him but because he only has 1 male and i now has 5 adult males it was safer for me to try with it.i put her in front of my male soon as he saw her he mounted here...for the last 4 hours hes been mounted on the back of her but she keeps on flapping her wings to try and get him off..but hes not giving up that easy.hes locked on there like glue.its so funny watching him hanging on for dear life while flapping her wings as fast as she can..lol..Shes calmed down for now and as i look to my left i see the male trying to connect..so fingers crossed..Shes very egg bound..been adult for about 5 months and hasnt laid 1 ooth so i havent got much hope but im sure its worth a try.

mate51.jpg

I have put my male on the female and he is so tickled, and a dummy too. He keeps flapping his wings, if she did not know he was there, she does now. ha ha ha, seems like it is working, pray for ooths now! The other female won't have it, she has a bad wing and for some reason they are not mating with her. Has anyone experienced this before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott,

if they copulate, feed her until she'll eat no more and then put her on a plant that you've sprayed with water. Do this in the evning and you may have an ootheca by morning ;) I want a tenner for that :p

I've had the male sit there for hours before actually attempting to connect with her.

Good to see them at it :p

My male is still on the female 6 days on, connected probably 5 times a day but still no ooth <_< . And she's eating like a horse :huh:

Good to see them at it :p My male is still on the female 6 days on, connected probably 5 times a day but still no ooth <_< . And she's eating like a horse :huh:
sorted..my male connected for about 4 or 5hours..they disconnected about 4 hous ago and hes still on her.. :) ..soon as he getsoff il feed her a bit more then do what rob suggested..i havent got a 10er for him tho..im poor :p

You can just pull him off. Otherwise he may just sit there until he dies. :rolleyes: