Not sure if the world is ready for this...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausar318

Reaction score
I was talking to some people about my mantis collection (*cough* obsession), and a few of them thought that they were nasty pests ?. I really wanted to slap them across the face, but I’m pretty sure that is illegal ?. I spent the next hour describing how amazing mantids are, and how much variety there is among them  

Anyway, I was taking some snapshots of my female orchid (who is turning pink!!!), and there were two that were perfect, so I had to make this. I couldn’t help myself ?

A09A46D7-D3FF-492B-AAF1-550D5CEEE41E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the ootheca or egg case of a Preying Mantis

They can’t even get the name right. Yeah, I would agree, it’s the fear of the unknown that is the root of many issues. Too bad mantids aren’t more widely known. 

Right? To be fair, they do prey and probably aren't actually praying, despite their raptorial arms' resting position. So I can forgive that part, but killing a tree? I...just..lol

By the way, ausar318, those are nice looking shots lovely mantid:) How old is she? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people are goofy. Personally my own brothers 'hate' them and are 'afraid' of them... if I have one out in my room they won't come in... They run! Ha ha. Still its a great way to keep them out! They think their creepy...??

Oh well. But they youngest (3) loves them and claimes Liza as 'his' and love to hold her (with proper supervision!).

Latest posts