Not using raptorial leg?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katz640

Reaction score
I had two D. lobatas and one of them dropped dead yesterday. I checked on the one that survived and he seemed perfectly fine. However, this morning, the surviving Dead Leaf stopped using one of his raptorial legs. He just keeps it folded up and he doesn't use it to walk. I know that his leg was perfectly fine last night because he used it to attack a cricket three times.

I don't know what to do with him... :(

As in a fight between the two Dead Leafs? I kept them separated -- but I separated because they had a fight in the past. :p Scared the living daylights out of me.

Can't be helped I guess...

I hope so too.

Does anybody have an idea on what could have possibly caused this? Or if there's anything I could do about it? Any environmental issues I should look into?

He died. :( I wonder if their deaths are connected somehow because they died within a day of each other...

He died. :( I wonder if their deaths are connected somehow because they died within a day of each other...
May have been some sort of systemic infection. Kind of fits the MO of one, affecting motor skills first and then killing the mantid. Sorry to hear that dude. That sucks