Now THIS is a threat pose!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
You can bet I'll be trying to get better photos of this.

Adult female Heterochaeta sp. She's about 5.5" long. The wings are like reflective foil.

One of my favorite species! I'm trying to breed them so wish me luck.

Heteroa-fthreat_1897-sm.jpg

my favorite species right here.

always great photos from you

cant wait to see more of the chaeta!

i love this species!

but my female keeps biting me!

im trying to breed them as well.

i have a subadult female and a pre sub adult male.

my female is always pissed.

Very nice picture...if i needed to say that.

My male has been waiting for my female for about 2 weeks now after molting to adult. But my female just died 2 days ago for NO reason...healthy as can be....well from all signs that I can see, so im very upset I wont be able to mate them. I LOVE this species

GL Henry

My male has been waiting for my female for about 2 weeks now after molting to adult. But my female just died 2 days ago for NO reason...healthy as can be....well from all signs that I can see, so im very upset I wont be able to mate them. I LOVE this species
That's a big let down. Sorry to hear it. This species is not easy to breed. Males show little interest.

I've got 4 adult females and 3 adult males, one of which is very fresh. My oldest female just laid her first ootha few hours ago. I've been trying to get her mated but I never witnessed a connection so I don't have much hope for this ooth. There again, from what I've been told males will not connect with you in the room. She is nearly 2 months old so I'm hoping she was holding off until she mated because last night I put her and 2 males in the other room. I'm hoping privacy was the key.

Here's a male trying to take credit for the fresh ooth. Let's hope he's the proud poppa.

Check out how long the stems are on these...

Heteroooth_1932-sm.jpg

Here's a video of the only ooth I got from my female last year. She had no mate so didn't even bother laying more.

Good luck! I added these to my wish list.

Beautiful photo!

Cool shot. I hope you get a good quality one from her doing that. I believe it will be somewhat unique if you do. Btw, please put me down for some nymphs for when you're ready.

Latest posts