Nymph Escaped in House - Any Tips?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#happyending

Guess who literally found me? :tt1: That's RIGHT!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was in the same place where I lost him. I had given up searching for him, as by then I didn't have any clue where in the house he could be, and was hoping that he'd turn up somewhere I could easily see him. I felt something on my leg, but thought that it was just my other leg brushing against it. I had a bit of wishful thinking, but didn't get my hopes up. I looked down, and there he was!

Oh the joy! :D :wub:

On a less important note: I think he might have molted since his wing buds seem larger and he seems to be about an inch and a half long, but it may just be since I haven't seen him in 6 days. THAT'S ALMOST A WEEK!!! :wacko: I think he was dusty, too. His abdomen didn't seem too flat, but he appeared weak. I took him downstairs (he flat-out refused to get off my arm) and gave him water. He sucked the droplets, which he's never done for me before, and drank a lot. Then I put him in his feeding cage and put in a fly. He didn't even pause before catching it and jerking it to his mandibles. Think he'll be healthy enough to mate after all this adventuring? Wouldn't want to pass on anything unhealthy to the population that I'm trying to increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooray!!! I knew he'd show up eventually. Now you'll have to think of a name for him. :) That's funny that he was in the same place that he was when you lost him, just like what happened with my mantis, Kian.

~Wolfie

Latest posts