Obsessed in the Midwest

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HRawlings

Reaction score
Good afternoon all. I started keeping a spiny flower mantis earlier this year. Dear lord this little guy has sparked an obsession deep in my soul and now the spare room is the bug room/lab. Any out of town guests will have to get a hotel. I'm looking to house a few more species. I'm in Missouri. A late in life student. I'm 30 years old and in classes with 19-year-olds, but finally working towards my goals after wasting so much time. I am obsessed with biology and psychology. Buggos and behaviors. I'm excited to have a place to share my obsession, pretty sure the people in my physical reality are tired of me dismissing their baby photos to show them mantis pics. 

@HRawlings never too far along to re equip ourselves with education.

Welcome to this community. We are all obsessed. Start your own topic in the photos section and use that as a feed to show photos, comments, etc.

There's a buy sell section if you want to grow your collection.

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to the forum! Spinys are awesome mantids. And I agree with hysteresis, we are all obsessed. My closet has been transformed into what my dad calls a 'mantis incubator ' and I have 43 mantids and several ooths ready to hatch. If that's not obsessed, I don't know what is.

- MantisGirl13

Welcome to the group.  There is no doubt you are among like-minded admirers of these fascinating creatures!

@MantisGirl13 & @hysteresis I feel that maybe there should be an “Excuse Yourself!” section for those leaving the forum after reading about all the mantids or different species you two have.

And welcome, education can always be welcomed, here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts