Oh boy, its snowing.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABbuggin

Reaction score
Well, it is actually snowing here in North Carolina! We haven't had this much snow in over 5 years. :D Right now my area has 7" with a covering of sleet. Of course, everybody down here is freaking out as if they have never seen the white substance before. :lol: I haven't been to the stores lately, but I can grantee you that all the water, milk, eggs, and bread are gone. Most of the news casters are new, and they are acting like cows in new gates when they talk about the weather. :lol: I know the conditions are bad, but down here, everybody goes crazy when things get white. :rolleyes:

Same in Oklahoma. Measured yesterday around 5".

Since it snowed all night, I've no idea what it is now.

I'm afraid to look.

I hear ya Andrew. We got less but plenty of freezing rain. I stopped at the store last night for my weekly shopping and it was crazy. People acting like the sky is falling. Big news here but I grew up in the midwest where this is normal.

It was 65 here like last week. Snow is rather uncommon here.
That's right! It was 65 2 days ago! It is now 23 degrees! :lol: :blink:

Oh, BTW, the governor was on the television today telling everybody to "stay inside" and to "ask your neighbors if they are ok". :rolleyes: Also, the news reporters were showing how slippery the ice could be with their feet as if nobody knows that ice is slippery. :lol: The state has also requested the National Guard's help. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right! It was 65 2 days ago! It is now 23 degrees! :lol: :blink: Oh, BTW, the governor was on the television today telling everybody to "stay inside" and to "ask your neighbors if they are ok". :rolleyes: Also, the news reporters were showing how slippery the ice could be with their feet as if nobody knows that ice is slippery. :lol: The state has also requested the National Guard's help. :wacko:
Oh geez. I like how there were cancellations yesterday before even a speck of snow fell. I keep hoping school will be cancelled Monday. We're getting a good amount of ice. Keep waiting for it to pull the power lines down as that is usually what happens.

Some people are really stupid. My street is covered in ice. I just saw a guy go flying by about 30mph in reverse. Right before that I heard him spinning out down a few houses down. What is the point? Saw another guy do a u turn at the intersection and then floor it and get sideways all the way down the street. All fun and games until you hit a tree, house, or parked car.

the other day, it snowed so much they let school out early. CT gets a lot of snow. There are 3 inches of snow covering the ground and it is cold!!!
When I was a kid growing up in IL it could be really bad but they wouldn't let school out. The buses that picked us up had chains on the tires even.

When I was a kid growing up in IL it could be really bad but they wouldn't let school out. The buses that picked us up had chains on the tires even.
oh my god, on Friday, as I waited for the bus, the wind was so cold it went up my jean legs and I lost feeling to my shins until gym class, but my water was pretty cold...

oh my god, on Friday, as I waited for the bus, the wind was so cold it went up my jean legs and I lost feeling to my shins until gym class, but my water was pretty cold...
OMG! Surprised you made it.

Lol'd :D

Anyway, Holland has between the 2 and 8 inch, which is is the most snow(and coldest winter) in 13 years here..

But i lol @ at the bs the governments try to do; "STAY INSIDE UNLESS IT"S AN EMERGENCY" or "DON'T GO ON THE HIGHWAY or you'll slip".

Funny thing is the trains to russia go as normal without any delay, but trains from city to city are ridiculously delayed.

People go insane when it snows a bit...

Latest posts