Oh snap! Houston we have lift-off!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghostie

Reaction score
The Magnas I received from Yen doing their duties! :)

My first mating experience.

The moment it all began lol

magnamating001.jpg

magnamating002.jpg

magnamating005.jpg

magnamating004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Acromantis Magna from Yen!

They say it's not recognized as a separate species but has features such as size that may differentiate it from the other Acromantis ?

I have no idea to be honest.. I read that here..

I really like how the nymphs look! I will be excited if I am lucky enough to have some nymphs if they lay ooths!

http://usamantis.com/5-30-10Acromantis_magna.html

Congrats on the mating! Bet you can't wait for the babies! :) I'll be trying my first breeding next week so this encourages me :D

Yup I think I officially went a bit too far with those last pictures lol.

Right afterward she crawled back into her cage under the lid and went back to business.

Here is a pic of the male running for his life when they separate. Good thing I fed her a huge cricket for distraction beforehand! He was banging on the glass with his claws saying "let me out let me out"! Quite literally! :lol: :eek:

tonsofpicsdoh079.jpg

Hehehe they are breeding again right now. :whistling: :wub: :eek:

This time he jumped on backwards like a pro then switched around into position after she was done being angry for being attacked.

Once he mounted he did not start mating until I put them back in the cage and they were hanging upside down. Now I know why they call them acromantis! hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Yen sent a very well matched pair.

They are very fun mantis too I like this species I have the male out for playtime all the time but I try not to disturb the female much so I don't damage the goods somehow. :lol:

My first ooth has been laid in my possession!

How exciting! I noticed she was much skinnier this morning so started looking around and here it is!

When it dries out I guess I'll try and put it on a deli cup lid.

oooohanooth002.jpg

oooohanooth001.jpg

Good job!

My male ghost jumps on the female's back pretty regularly but I've yet to see full connection. She's laid 2 unfertilized ooths so far. I hope he catches on soon because another female has matured.

Try hanging them upside down? I'm sure you have already but figured I'd throw that out there.

These two didn't start mating even though he jumped on her until I flipped them upside down in their cage.