oh where, oh where, has my little body gone, oh where

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
oh where can it be?

Found this guy this morning, and he was having breakfast, whats wrong with this picture?

MVC-860F.jpg

MVC-861F.jpg

OMG...What's really weird is, is that a spinal column...? Or guts lol? I though we were dealing w/ inverts here... :S

I still think it's the mantis eating the fly...

Looks like a male ghost with the fly in his grasp...with a ghost ooth 'tail' to add confusion.

My guess is that he was eaten by his mate, but just lopped off mid-thorax and took a fly afterwards?

My guess is that he was half eaten by either a mate or sibling, and then the fly is having dinner from the leftovers. Or maybe you guys are right and the upper half of the Ghost mantis hasn't realized he is not "complete" and is still carrying on with his fly dinner. Strange. Or maybe they are eating each other at the same time... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think it's the mantis eating the fly...Looks like a male ghost with the fly in his grasp...with a ghost ooth 'tail' to add confusion.

My guess is that he was eaten by his mate, but just lopped off mid-thorax and took a fly afterwards?
You the winner! haha, hungry thorax lol. :lol:

ps thats part of his leg hanging not ooth !

Freaked me out seeing it, fly was still alive too!

Last edited by a moderator:
You the winner! haha, hungry thorax lol. :lol: ps thats part of his leg hanging not ooth !

Freaked me out seeing it, fly was still alive too!
Maybe because it is early but I don't get it.

So this mantis is missing half his body and he caught and is eating a fly? This is really strange. Is the fly coming out the other end?

Really weird. Did he eat the whole thing?

Latest posts