OK for ghosts?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I do that with mine to spread them around the top a little more, I have 4 23watt curly's and If you turn off the one most are hanging out under they wait 4-5 minutes then they march like a army of infantry to the next light amost at the same time, cracks me up!

Hahahha! I cracked up reading it. If there are any rubber-suit-monster fans out there, watch "Gamera: Advent of Legion" on DVD. The monsters are bug-like, and there's a special feature called "Gamera Texarkana" where they overdubbed the entire movie with a hillarious deep-south script. Banjo plays everytime the bugs scuttle. I hear that everytime I see my babies start marching! Every couple of minutes, someone screams "Holy Cra*p!!!". Brilliant!

Here's a trailer. Watch at your own risk... It gets funny 1 minute in, and has a few... inappropriate moments.

Skeeters!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind seperating them. I can identify each one better , and ensure proper growth.

L4 is probably when I put them together but as long as yours are doing okay communally I have no complaints!

Everyone has seperate methods.I'm sort of a perfectionist and SUPER careful with my little guys so I actually have more fun with each one in a cup until L4. Everyone has their own preference though!

I can see the wisdom of keeping them in smaller areas until they have grown out a bit. So far they are toddling around and eating well but I am thinking I might pull them out until about L4.

I can see the wisdom of keeping them in smaller areas until they have grown out a bit. So far they are toddling around and eating well but I am thinking I might pull them out until about L4.
I like to fuss and keep a careful eye on ALL of my mantids seperately until L/L5 . ( Because of the increased chance of death )

So it may be a smart move for you , but if they are all eating equal amounts and are active then what you're doing is fine.

Latest posts