• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Omomantis zebrata adult female

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katnapper

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 fairly young adult female Omomantis zebrata females. Please note: These never had a chance to mate with the male, so are obviously not fertile (unless a very rare case of parthenogenesis, which is highly unlikely).

One female is in perfect condition, beautiful. She is the one I'm offerring for sale to someone who may want to have a chance to keep and enjoy this rare species, just for the fun of having her, or for an uncommon photography subject. And I'm in a bit of a financial crunch lately, so trying to sell off a few things.

I do have another unmated adult female, but she mismolted and has messed up wings, but otherwise healthy. I'm willing to throw her in with the deal too if desired, unless someone else wants her at a discount.

Perfect adult female - $20.00 plus shipping with heat pack.

Shipping by USPS Express Mail within continental US, please add $29.00. Heat pack/s included. Live arrival guarantee/refund for mantids, less shipping.

Shipping by USPS Priority Mail within continental US, please add $9.00. Heat pack/s included. Sorry, no live arrival guarantee at this time.

Thank you very much for looking. :)

Perfect adult female:

Dec09__020_Katnapper.jpg

Dec09__027_Katnapper.jpg

Mismolted adult female:

Dec09__718_Katnapper.jpg

Dec09__705_Katnapper.jpg

What is their care like compared to a Chinese mantis? Can they stand temperatures that are constantly between 60 and 70 or do they need it warmer? Any special food requirements?

What is their care like compared to a Chinese mantis? Can they stand temperatures that are constantly between 60 and 70 or do they need it warmer? Any special food requirements?
Joe, I really don't know the exact recommended temperatures or food requirements. This is the first time I have kept these; and they are not common enough to have any reliable care sheets that I know of. I've been keeping them in net cages at between 78F. to 86F., misting once or twice a day, and feeding house flies and blue bottles. They seem pretty healthy with these conditions, although they are a bit of a skittish species until they realize you mean them no harm. Then they settle down and you can hold them or photograph them without worry of them trying to jump away.

They don't take to hand feeding that well... they scare and resist easily. But I did have one take a piece of cut up cockroach. I haven't tried crickets with them, but I imagine they would take to them alright. Please let me know if you have any more questions; and thank you for your interest. :)

They are a south african sp and can be found in the same areas as Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii so i would say day time temps of 80-84 should be fine, with a drop in temp of a few dedrees at night.

I was just curious. If they need it warmer then perhaps someone with more experience than I can take good care of them. They are so cuuute and pretty! But I want to be sure they would be stable here in my environment since in the winter time I cannot keep my room too much warmer than 70 degrees, even then I've been waking up with a dry sinus and general dryness because we have no humidifier.

Although I do have a heat lamp, and I do have an extra cage that has thermal and humidity gauges. This held the male Eastern Lubbers.

Future mantises will have to wait until the spring, which is when I want to get Orchids ^_^ ;

I was just curious. If they need it warmer then perhaps someone with more experience than I can take good care of them. They are so cuuute and pretty! But I want to be sure they would be stable here in my environment since in the winter time I cannot keep my room too much warmer than 70 degrees, even then I've been waking up with a dry sinus and general dryness because we have no humidifier.Although I do have a heat lamp, and I do have an extra cage that has thermal and humidity gauges. This held the male Eastern Lubbers.

Future mantises will have to wait until the spring, which is when I want to get Orchids ^_^ ;
I'm keeping them each in a 12x12 net cage in the bug room, which stays between 78-86 F., and mist once a day. I have them on house flies and occasionally blue bottles. Haven't tried crickets with them. Tried hand feeding cut up roaches when I had a shortage of flies, but they don't take to hand feeding that well (even though one did take the roach piece once). They are relatively easy to care for, I believe; but they are a bit shy and skittish when initially taking them out of their enclosure.... then they settle down once they know you're not going to eat them, lol.

Well maybe be interested in them if you still have them but getting a pair from Frey which are sub adults but can only hope they do arrive though when I dont know for sure he has to get the check from me but if I get them sometime and you still have the female maybe will make a deal but trying to get these sub adult pair first!

Well maybe be interested in them if you still have them but getting a pair from Frey which are sub adults but can only hope they do arrive though when I dont know for sure he has to get the check from me but if I get them sometime and you still have the female maybe will make a deal but trying to get these sub adult pair first!
As I said in the post directly before yours... the advertised mantids are sold.

Latest posts