Online Buying

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newflvr

Reaction score
Are there other online secure purchasing aids like paypal. It seems that paypal and there policies are getting a little out of hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
too bad they dont have a virtual money thing that wasnt hooked up to a credit card where u could send virtual money files to peeps that could be redeemed anywhere online, similar to virtual coins in video games...

I've heard of Bitcoin before, but never seen anywhere in common use that excepts them so far. I just send cash, jewelry and rare baseball cards. :euro:

I've heard of Bitcoin before, but never seen anywhere in common use that excepts them so far. I just send cash, jewelry and rare baseball cards. :euro:
From what I've seen on TV, Bitcoin is an untraceable currency used mainly for illegal things. But I really wish it would take off as a legitimate online currency that was more widely accepted.

What about your bank? I've seen commercials where they say pay "anybody" you just need their email. I don't know how that works. One commercial had a group of people at a restaurant table sending money to the person paying the bill with their phones.

The TV show (The Good Wife) had an episode on bitcoin, and I thought it was something they had made up.

I use online bill pay with my banks to pay all of my bills except magazine subscriptions. Wells Fargo and my other bank will pay individuals, but they cut a check and mail it. So, it usually takes about 5 days.

I should probably read Paypal policies the next time they change.

Other than the fact that they are the major player in town and can get away with almost anything, what has Pay Pal done lately that makes it questionable? They do take 4%, for sure.

If you use the family and friends "gift" feature on paypal theres no charge to either party, only do it with people you trust though as they don't back you up with that. Been doing it when I send and ask for money for a while now, why should paypal get your/their money, they don't have to? :) ;)