Ooth bound?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HungryGhost

Reaction score
My rhombodera stali mated on May 3rd and has not laid an ooth yet. Her health is deteriorating, she has a difficult time holding her own weight up. She still eats like a champ, I don't know what's going on.

hope she lays soon for you, you could try a large chunk of natural soil, it surprisingly can cause her to lay, you could also try driving around with her, as new areas can stimulate laying of oothecae.

Yes like mantisman 230 stated, try the soil. Also maybe a plant that hasn't got any fertilizer or pesticides on it. Make sure there are plenty of laying spaces too. I would not feed her too much now.keep her hydrated. Sometimes remating helps, but she might not be receptive at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Re-mating is no longer an option since the male died. I just gave her a huge drink of water, misted her down good, and moved her net cage out to my organic garden. There are plenty of sticks in the cage for her to choose from. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts