ooth difference

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, priceless. :D Sure I am collecting some more for another member at the moment, so I'll have to see if I can find a few extra if you want any (they will be hatching in 2 to 4 weeks as it is warming up around here). It is now up to seven members since I returned, counting you. ;)

I read the native Unicorn species are become rare to find in the wild, and the hobby itself of course. Such as the Phyllovates chlorophaea are only found in the southern most portion of Texas (not sure about Mexico). Perhaps they are a difficult species to raise and/or breed successfully too. I have seen them a few times in the classifieds since I joined MF, but it is far and few for sure.
Yeah unicorn maids can be difficult to find but doesn't stop me from looking luckily I live in AZ lol 

Yeah unicorn maids can be difficult to find but doesn't stop me from looking luckily I live in AZ lol 
Ha, yeah living there definitely helps. ;) So does having a Pseudovates arizonae ooth you have been incubating. Maybe it'll hatch and once they grow to adults, your be able to get some fertile ooths and/or nymphs to some others. Either way I got my fingers crossed that your ooth will hatch, as you said it may not be fertile.

LOL, priceless. :D Sure I am collecting some more for another member at the moment, so I'll have to see if I can find a few extra if you want any (they will be hatching in 2 to 4 weeks as it is warming up around here). It is now up to seven members since I returned, counting you. ;)

I read the native Unicorn species are become rare to find in the wild, and the hobby itself of course. Such as the Phyllovates chlorophaea are only found in the southern most portion of Texas (not sure about Mexico). Perhaps they are a difficult species to raise and/or breed successfully too. I have seen them a few times in the classifieds since I joined MF, but it is far and few for sure.
Hahaha, thanks.

I purchased two Phyllovates chlorophaea nymphs quite a few years back. I ended up with a girl and a boy and they both seemed easy enough to raise up though I didn't want the hassle of babies at the time so I never bred them. The boy who I named Nubs was a real hoot. He didn't do well in shipment, molted right after arrival and ended up loosing parts of both claws along with having a back leg flip over his head. The missing claw parts is how he got the name Nubs, but by adulthood he managed to grow everything back and looked like a perfect male specimen. He used to love the one TV I had sitting high up on a shelf. It was about 12 inches from the top of my window's frilly, decorative blinds and everyday I took him out like clockwork he would fly over to the corner of that blind and sit there preening himself and watching TV all day long. Such a little character.

Well there is a huge story to that lol I messed up bad  but the ooth still has a very good chance. ...as I have been caring for it . I week ago I sent a massage to a mantis hobbyists they said no it hatch becuase it did looked hatched or old anyway I wanted to see what the inside looked like so I cut it open and I saw tons of the pre hatch pupa I put it back together I got advice from alan because he has had that happen it's been a week and I have been keeping the ooth moist to keep it from drying out and I check the inside daily and they have been developing nicly they should hatch son as I think I see eyes I I do not reply it might be because I am going to bed but I should be up for a little bit 

Ha, yeah living there definitely helps. ;) So does having a Pseudovates arizonae ooth you have been incubating. Maybe it'll hatch and once they grow to adults, your be able to get some fertile ooths and/or nymphs to some others. Either way I got my fingers crossed that your ooth will hatch, as you said it may not be fertile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha, thanks.

I purchased two Phyllovates chlorophaea nymphs quite a few years back. I ended up with a girl and a boy and they both seemed easy enough to raise up though I didn't want the hassle of babies at the time so I never bred them. The boy who I named Nubs was a real hoot. He didn't do well in shipment, molted right after arrival and ended up loosing parts of both claws along with having a back leg flip over his head. The missing claw parts is how he got the name Nubs, but by adulthood he managed to grow everything back and looked like a perfect male specimen. He used to love the one TV I had sitting high up on a shelf. It was about 12 inches from the top of my window's frilly, decorative blinds and everyday I took him out like clockwork he would fly over to the corner of that blind and sit there preening himself and watching TV all day long. Such a little character.
Sure no problem, I sent you a PM.

Good to see that they aren't difficult to raise, must be their local habitats then (perhaps the weather/dryness or humans in one form causing their rareness). Great story about your little male! I'd like to be more involved like that with mine, but with three cats I play it safe to avoid a problem. ;)

Well there is a huge story to that lol I messed up bad  but the ooth still has a very good chance. ...as I have been caring for it . I week ago I sent a massage to a mantis hobbyists they said no it hatch becuase it did looked hatched or old anyway I wanted to see what the inside looked like so I cut it open and I saw tons of the previous hatch pupa I put it back together I got advice from alan because he has had that happen it's been a week and I have been keeping the ooth moster to keep it from drying out and I check the inside daily and they have been developing nicly they should hatch son as I think I see eyes I I do not reply it might be because I am going to bed but I should be up for a little bit 
Ah, it happens I did it once myself and ended up getting some nymphs hatch from both pieces I cut. Sounds like it'll be fine besides the few eggs that were cut through. When they hatch make a new topic and let us know. :D

Will do 

Sure no problem, I sent you a PM.

Good to see that they aren't difficult to raise, must be their local habitats then (perhaps the weather/dryness or humans in one form causing their rareness). Great story about your little male! I'd like to be more involved like that with mine, but with three cats I play it safe to avoid a problem. ;)

Ah, it happens I did it once myself and ended up getting some nymphs hatch from both pieces I cut. Sounds like it'll be fine besides the few eggs that were cut through. When they hatch make a new topic and let us know. :D

Latest posts