Ooth needs light?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2pincers

Reaction score
Hi all, do ooth needs light to progress? Im having some difficulty hatch ooth although temperature and humidity do slightly exceeds at times eg my humidity is 84% temp 30deg. Im living in the tropics .I kept them in my room which dont really have good lighting . Does it effects it? Or i could place a small lamp and how long do i need to turnit on? Currently i have lobata and dessicata ooth but only 4 nymphs come out last week and nothing else till today. 

As far as I know ooths don't need light... your temp and humidity might be too high but that all depends on the ooth.

Thanks Connor. Currently incubating deaf leaf, deroplatys lobata and dessicata. Caresheet shows 70-80% and temp 30deg. Day and night to maintain 30deg? Or able to drop slightly to 29-28deg. My room pretty warm even at night. 

I think you can let it drop at night... don't forget that these guys hatch in the wild so just try and simulate that. 

Latest posts