Ooth over other ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mex_Ghost

Reaction score
My Paradoxa laid an ooth over the grid, and this week she laid other ooth exactly over the first ooth.... do I try to separe them (if so, how is the best way?)? or should I leave both ooths together?

My Paradoxa laid an ooth over the grid, and this week she laid other ooth exactly over the first ooth.... do I try to separe them (if so, how is the best way?)? or should I leave both ooths together?
I would definitely separate them. Those ooths are very thickly crusted, atleast that's the feeling I get whenever I collect mine off of branches...

I believe misting it with warm water would soften it up and make the ooths less prone to chip when removing the one ontop.

Anyone who has dealt with this situation would give better advice I am sure, this has never happened to me.

Give the newest one at least a week to dry and then pull them apart.

but after the week, should I mist them as Brian said? or just try to pull them?

saludos

Don't mist, start at the small end and stick your fingernail under it a small bit, then do the other end, then go for pushing them apart in the middle, I end up doing this with the creos and ghost ooths.
wink.gif

this happened to me lol the bottom one may hatch faster but both ooths that i pulled apart both hatched good amounts and mantids all survived. like they said, wait a week, 2 to be safe. Then just... peel them apart.

Latest posts