oothaca vs. pesticides

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionsden112002

Reaction score
:( Hello forum,

Can a mantis oothaca survive a fogging from an aerosol room fogger? All insects where moved out of the room but I had the first oothaca in a "cricket"keeper plastic container on my dresser. The cricket keepr had holes on the lid. I had to fog the house because we are overrun with wolf spiders and some other realy little spider.

Ken

I don't know, but I bet it would survive better than an insect already hatched. Was it with the pesticide for a long time?

It depends, I think. I don't think ootheca's need to breathe(the nymphs inside), since some people put their ooths inside plastic bags. The gas kills by breathing it in right? Sorry, but can't really help. GL. :(

Try it and see, you might come up with a two headed mantis! Wouldn't that be cool! Wonder which head would you have to feed, What if it ate itself? Ok I go to far :lol: Don't throw it out, you won't know till you try to hatch it!

I guess it would all depend on the duration it was exposed to the pesticides. I would say you should keep it and see if it hatches and like hibiscusmile said maybe you'll get some cool genetically altered mantids. :p

I guess it would all depend on the duration it was exposed to the pesticides. I would say you should keep it and see if it hatches and like hibiscusmile said maybe you'll get some cool genetically altered mantids. :p
budforever

what sort of bat is that in your avatar. I sit and watch that and wonder what in the world? Is it a deliberate throw....

Ken

Yes it is... its from the kenny rodgers jack@$$. One of the funniest videos i've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts