Orchid Hatch

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sufistic

Reaction score
Had one lone nymph come out from an ooth 2 days ago. That got me very worried. This morning another ooth hatched out 43 nymphs, 33 days after it was laid. So I guess it's alright. Still hoping that the first ooth will hatch more though.

P1050952.jpg

Wow Shaik, they sure are pretty little things.

Congratulations!

You're just having all kinds of luck with nymphs lately, aren't you?

-Zoe is envious-

Thanks guys. I'm just grateful the ooths hatched. The two adult females that laid those died of old age soon after laying them. I guess those ooths are the last that they laid.

Thanks guys. I'm just grateful the ooths hatched. The two adult females that laid those died of old age soon after laying them. I guess those ooths are the last that they laid.
Looks like they put some good last ditch effort in those ooths then hehe :> Congrats.

Awesome. I am waiting on an ooth to hatch myself. I am still not sure mine is fertile. It has been about 32 days.

Thanks guys. Yeah Kookamunga, I'm just glad they actually hatched. Rick, I wasn't certain mine was fertile either. Yours could hatch anytime soon too. It's just really hot here, my FF cultures produce at a much faster rate and all my oothecae are hatching quite fast too.

In the past it was around 30 days so I am hoping.

Thanks guys. Yeah Kookamunga, I'm just glad they actually hatched. Rick, I wasn't certain mine was fertile either. Yours could hatch anytime soon too. It's just really hot here, my FF cultures produce at a much faster rate and all my oothecae are hatching quite fast too.
I'm not Rick's cat treats :<.

Congrats, Shaik! :)
Thanks Becky!

I'm not Rick's cat treats :<.
I don't understand?

Oh, they are so pretty!
Yeah and the way the move is cute.

I request more pics, please.
Sure thing Zoe! I'll ask my brother to take the photos since he's the better photographer. He's already asleep (it's 2 am here) because we're going mantis hunting in some forests here tomorrow morning. Speaking of which, I should sleep too!

Oh my, 2am?

Well, I can't say much, I think when you PM'd me it was about 3am here, and I was still wide awake!

But you should probably get sleep!

Latest posts