Orchid male over 6 mts old

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
over 6 mts old. I have found that they live a long time if kept like the females. Restricking food and warmth to make them slow down is why they die so quick. Mine are 3 males hatched in January and still going strong...one just got eaten...

Attachments

• mating orchids.jpg
    mating orchids.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
over 6 mts old. I have found that they live a long time if kept like the females. Restricking food and warmth to make them slow down is why they die so quick. Mine are 3 males hatched in January and still going strong...one just got eaten...
Poor boy. I usually treat my males and females about the same. An older male can still get the job done after all. Then again, when I do breed, I usually buy or make a deal for males.

Poor boy. I usually treat my males and females about the same. An older male can still get the job done after all. Then again, when I do breed, I usually buy or make a deal for males.
Well people think that you have to do that to make them live long enough to mate when the female finishes molting and is old enough to mate. I have found that keeping them the same way , they last just fine.

So the females is still alive and receptive by the time the males have reached mating age? That's the concern, when both genders come from the same ooth.

Well people think that you have to do that to make them live long enough to mate when the female finishes molting and is old enough to mate. I have found that keeping them the same way , they last just fine.
What temperatures do you keep the males at? 75F? That is about how cool I am keeping my two male Orchid mantis nymphs at the moment.

Latest posts