Orchid mantis enclosure

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also would orchids be able to subside on dubia roaches or banana roaches? Any decor in the enclosure? Is room temperature fine for orchids? Springtails and pill bugs in the enclosure? 
Not sure what's going on, but you have asked several of these questions about Orchids already - in the above posts and your other Orchid topics...

So I'll keep the responses to your questions quick and simple.

No, Orchids need flying feeders. Decor is your own preference but in a small 32oz deli cup there is little that can be added. No, they have to be heated as the ideal Orchid temperature is 82F. Springtails are fine, pill bugs I would avoid with small nymphs (as it can stress small nymphs).

You really should read the Orchid care sheet.

Just give Hydei at L1 and you can switch to regular houseflies by L2. That's what I'm doing with mine! They are surprisingly strong at L2 and will tackle down a housefly the same size, if not slightly larger, with no real problem. 

Yea I just realized that until I manage to obtain the species and get first hand experience I can only speculate. So if I have repeated some questions it is just that I can question and doubt certain aspects or  the simple fact that I am trying to prepare myself for it.

@ZIV I know Mantis Monarch has a waiting list for orchids, and you can keep an eye out in classifieds to see if anyone is selling them. I'm going to get a few when they hatch. 

Yea were do you plan to get your orchid from?
I do plan to get them from either mantismonarch, get an ooth from another seller who has them via facebook or instagram classifieds, or just look on the classfieds on the forum. For the enclosure, I am trying to get the supplies along with get a larger shelving rack so I can house orchid mantids along with more mantids, a 20 gallon (high) aquarium and have space for a 40 gallon breeder. Now along with that, I do plan on using shelving linear and will that work for orchids? 

I imagine it would but I find it easier to just use 32oz dairy cup it also increases the chance of survival because  it's a lot easier to keep proper humidity and temp which is highly important that it stays right temp and humidity because they often have a hard time molting @KevinsWither

@crabbypatty thanks but i did not manage to find his page where he sells them all I got was http://mantismonarch.tumblr.com so please send me the website but yea I'm really searching for somone you will sell me like 2 l4s one male one female supposed to be a Christmas gift for my sister so yea please send me his page :p
He lists them in the classifieds and of course can be contacted in PM (private message), few breeders bother with a website as they don't offer that many species to make it worth while. ;)

@ZIV They won't be available now though, his orchid just recently made an ooth, perhaps your sister would like a different mantis, I haven't seen anyone selling orchids right now. Keep an eye out in the classifieds but it might not be soon enough for Christmas. I'm really enjoying my Giant Asian, he's super sweet, and giant, lol. Idk if your sister would like a small mantis or a big one, but there are many available now that you can get and have something set up and ready to gift.