Orchid Mantis has been molting for 30 hours. Problem?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, well, I guess I overestimated the level of intelligence. If maybe he was a little more open minded and used the organ called the brain, then maybe, just maybe, he(?) would be able to figure it out. :roll: Fine:

Or you can freeze it, and then feed the dead mantis to the live one. (So the dead one won't feel anything) You have to pretend the dead one is alive with tweezers by making the dead one move. :roll:
Yes i am a male. I know what you're saying, and i was using my brain. Perhaps you need a heart? It was a living thing. And to disgrace it by feeding its body to another is dishonoring it!

Yes, well, I guess I overestimated the level of intelligence. If maybe he was a little more open minded and used the organ called the brain, then maybe, just maybe, he(?) would be able to figure it out. :roll: Fine:

Or you can freeze it, and then feed the dead mantis to the live one. (So the dead one won't feel anything) You have to pretend the dead one is alive with tweezers by making the dead one move. :roll:
Yes i am a male. I know what you're saying, and i was using my brain. Perhaps you need a heart? It was a living thing. And to disgrace it by feeding its body to another is dishonoring it!
Guys, please. Let's not start getting rude. Remember, someone just lost a beautiful mantis. We don't need to turn their post for advice into a flame-fest. And, in the end, it IS up to the owner of the mantis in question. Whether they want to feed it to another mantis or give it a post mortum ceremony is up to them.

Guys, please. Let's not start getting rude. Remember, someone just lost a beautiful mantis. We don't need to turn their post for advice into a flame-fest. And, in the end, it IS up to the owner of the mantis in question. Whether they want to feed it to another mantis or give it a post mortum ceremony is up to them.
I'm not talking about a ceremony exactly, but to treat a lost pet as nothing more than mere fodder is cruel....

But you do what you think is best regardless of 2 ppl arguing

Yeah, freezer is the way we do it here. Or you can feed her to another mantis.[\quote]First of all, I was not the person to offer the feeding. Oh, yes, choose the newer person to flame.

I was just offering a suggestion that instead of maybe, if someone misinterpreted that, would feed it alive.(Or on purpose) Instead, you could kill it first, so it wouldn't feel anything.

Hey, why not? It's someone else's mantis. You have no right to tell other people that they don't have a heart of they can't do it. It's plain rude. yes, it is your religion, but you don't have to chastise other people for not thinking the same way. Also, I'm not promoting it, happy about it, or do it myself, but if he is going to do it, he might as well end the life now. Yen Saw says he does it, and Rick says he does it. Yen says that he feeds the surplus ones to the ones he has, and Rick, one example, would be that he let Chinese nymphs eat Egyptians.(Ask if you want proof) Both, are reputable people. I bet a lot more people do it as well.

I put the ? mark there cause I wasn't sure if you were a male or female.

Yeah' date=' freezer is the way we do it here. Or you can feed her to another mantis.[\quote']I put the ? mark there cause I wasn't sure if you were a male or female.

I was just offering a suggestion that instead of maybe, if someone misinterpreted that, would feed it alive. Instead, I offered that you could kill it first, so it wouldn't feel anything.

Hey, why not? It's someone else's mantis. You have no right to tell other people that they don't have a heart of they can't do it. It's plain rude. Also, I'm not promoting it, happy about it, or do it myself, but if he is going to do it, he might as well end the life now. Yen Saw says he does it, and Rick says he does it. Yen says that he feeds the surplus ones to the ones he has, and Rick, one example, would be that he let Chinese nymphs eat egyptions. I bet a lot more people do it as well.
you know its stupid to argue with someone 2000 miles away from me so im not gonna even reply to what you said

People, I'm ashamed by your immature actions. You're arguing like a bunch of 5 year olds.

asdf: you need to understand that not all people can understand everything you say. There is no need to be ridiculously sarcastic about something you misphrased and he misunderstood. No one is 'flaming' you. Perhaps you could use a bit of open mind.

buddhistsoldier: I understand that your faith doesn't let you do things like that, but you have to understand that feeding a dead body to another is not horribly sacreligious to others. If that were so, I imagine there would be a cult uprising of buddhists to ban meat from their diet.

Now both of you please kiss and make up, or continue this mock fest in PMs so we don't have to deal with it.

What a playground this has turned into. Now, just watch this topic get locked as soon as a moderator sees it.

But buddhist : what do you feed your mantids with ? Only self-dead animals ? Or are they vegetarians ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts