Orchid Mantis Molting

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcal

Reaction score
it was a little risky but you have to have fun with these bugs right?

DSCF3214.jpg

DSCF3209.jpg

DSCF3208.jpg

DSCF3226.jpg

Wow! Awesome pics, thanks for sharing.

Were you lifting the lid as she molted from it!? :huh:
I was shutting the lights off and noticed. Grabed my gear and very very carefully opened the container to snap a few pictures.

He was molting over a stick so he might have mis molted had I not repositioned him. Two birds....one stone.

Thanks beats

He was molting over a stick so he might have mis molted had I not repositioned him. Two birds....one stone.
Nice! Awesome photo op, well done.

And grr at my usage of "she." That was sexist of me, I just saw pink and thought female. Didn't even think to look and count.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Awesome photo op, well done.

And grr at my usage of "she." That was sexist of me, I just saw pink and thought female. Didn't even think to look and count.
Yeah orchid boys get that all the time. Sucks almost as bad as being a male ladybug.

You did a doubly nice thing and we are all thankful to you and the little Orchid for cooperating.

Thank you all for your kind words

I live near LA so I see the blurred gender lines all the time. I quickly learned not to judge a book by its cover but it just human nature!

Chivalry, I was born and raised in tn. I miss my home state.

Thank you all for your kind words

I live near LA so I see the blurred gender lines all the time. I quickly learned not to judge a book by its cover but it just human nature!

Chivalry, I was born and raised in tn. I miss my home state.
I'm an Ohioan by birth but it's gorgeous here and I love it. As a friend of mine says, "No I'm not from round here, but I got here as soon as I could."

Chivalry,

Well I am working on getting back there! I miss seeing orange!

Thanks again everyone.