Orchid Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcal

Reaction score
just a few pictures of one of my female orchids on a orchid. i dont have a macro lens just yet so dont judge me.

DSCF3164.jpg

DSCF3157.jpg

DSCF3156.jpg

DSCF3154.jpg

DSCF3149.jpg

DSCF3146.jpg

DSCF3169.jpg

Those are nice pics of a handsome species on a very pretty orchid plant. I would not worry about not having a macro lens. You captured the subject in a beautiful setting.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'll keep shooting! I just got some popas but they are super tiny. I will see what I can get from them tomorrow.

very nice pics, this is mantidforum not flicker, my pics are worse than yours. so keep on keepin on...I like your work so far.

Hey can you tell me what molt that orchid is on and how big it is? I think i have a male but I am really curious.
Me or spore?

Check the top Abdominal section. If you see a v notch it female. Straight line it's male.

At what instar should the sexes be separated? The earlier, the better? Is it possible to have the female become adult first if separated early enough? and is that the goal? I have mine sexed and separated already(from Yen's offering for age reference). I feel like I'm neglecting the little guys. "Here's a spritz of water, enjoy your dinner" :lol:

At what instar should the sexes be separated? The earlier, the better? Is it possible to have the female become adult first if separated early enough? and is that the goal? I have mine sexed and separated already(from Yen's offering for age reference). I feel like I'm neglecting the little guys. "Here's a spritz of water, enjoy your dinner" :lol:
Some people say sex them ASAP. Others say the male lives months once they molt to adult. I'm shooting for somewhere in between.

Mine are L4 and I just now started slowing the males. I had them sexed at L2 though.

Latest posts