Orchid nymphs L1-L2

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blast! Every time I see this thread in View New Content, I'm like "Ooh!" Then I remember this is not for sale/wanted nor a brand new topic. haha

Wow.

I never saw, or caught on camera, the sliver, almost metalic look of the legs at L1. Very nice work (and, might be my new wallpaper). :)

Royalty check is in the mail...

Wallpapered. Precarious your camera work is mind blowing. It makes me wish I could at least SEE my guys that well.

Orchids! I will have you some day...

The ooths collected so far, on the lid of a 80 oz. cup. The two partially hatched in the center, freshest from a few days ago to the left. The other girl is ready to pop so should have another any day now. :)

Orchidooths_7891-sm.jpg

@Agent A post#10

I am in 6th grade now, and I must say that is the same way with me! Except, everyone at my school is, "cool" and they don't even know what an orchid mantis is! As far as they know, I'm just a nerd, a geek, or else I'm just weird.

Well, my male finally got chomped. :(

He was a little trooper. Remated both females between each ooth.

He would have been 5 months old in 3 days. That's 5 months as adult! I didn't know the males could live so long. My other male died after only 10 days as an adult. :blink:

He will be missed.

Doh! I'm sorry about the male. When my oxy male got chomped I was disappointed for longer than I thought I'd be.

Great pics and grats on the continued orchid success!

I'm actually a little upset about it. I'm such a sap sometimes.
I totally understand, it was surprisingly jarring to me. I wonder if I'll get used to it over time. Kinda doubt it. Even if the sting isn't as severe after I've experienced it many times, it's not something we can really relate to (I hope!) lol

Latest posts