Orchid pair

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papilio_

Reaction score
Given his diminutive size even for an Orchid I was shocked when my male matured middle of last week!  I'd been power-feeding him and trying to slow the female, thinking he'd be several instars behind her.  Then late Saturday night I saw that she was in the middle of her maturing molt too!  Yes!!!!

But it was not to be, I found the male dead the next day.  Upsetting, but things are looking very good for getting her a replacement date.  :)

Sorry to hear about your male! Your photos are incredible, I love how much detail you can see in the macro shots. I'm in love with that 6th photo!  :wub:

Sorry to hear about your male! Your photos are incredible, I love how much detail you can see in the macro shots. I'm in love with that 6th photo!  :wub:
Thanks ashleenicole, I was fortunate to find a woman on fb who agreed to send me a sub male for only shipping cost, so hopefully fortune will smile on me this time.

Thank you too for the compliment, I appreciate it!  :)

Sorry to hear of your male keeling over the next day. Sounds like my luck trying to get everything set for them to breed and something always tends to happen. Hopefully you get her a replacement date and she lays plenty of fertile ooths, she is beautiful.

My favorite has to be the last shot as it shows her resting on your hand and so at ease she is busy bathing. :)

Thanks a lot CosbyArt!  :)  

Already located an understudy male, he's arriving in the morning.  A very generous woman on fb let me have him for just the shipping costs.

Thanks a lot CosbyArt!  :)  

Already located an understudy male, he's arriving in the morning.  A very generous woman on fb let me have him for just the shipping costs.
Great to to hear he's on the way, and even at a great price - can't beat that. :D

Great to to hear he's on the way, and even at a great price - can't beat that. :D
She even sent a couple of wahlbergii nymphs as freebies ... if you can call them that since she didn't even charge me for the Orchid.  :D

Just a slight disappointment though ... the *he* turned out to be a *she*!  Not her fault in the least of course and I'm still thrilled to have another Orchid, just means the hunt for a male is back on.  ;)

She even sent a couple of wahlbergii nymphs as freebies ... if you can call them that since she didn't even charge me for the Orchid.  :D

Just a slight disappointment though ... the *he* turned out to be a *she*!  Not her fault in the least of course and I'm still thrilled to have another Orchid, just means the hunt for a male is back on.  ;)
Very nice, but too bad it is another girl. Although once you do get a male I guess that may work out for you anyway. :)

Latest posts