Outside pets

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chivalry

Reaction score
1080964_orig.jpg

I LOVE interacting with my outside sinensis kids. The other day I went to turn on the garden hose and this little guy was on the deck railing about three feet above me looking down and going, "Hey lady, whatcha doing?" When I went up to say hi he spazzed though. Because that's what they do, they spazz. :)

Still really cool. I estimate this guy at about fifth instar. They love my garden.

I've been tracking 2 living in the plants to each side of a birdbath in the yard. The other week I saw one molt. It was pretty amazing to see that out in the wild.

I've been tracking 2 living in the plants to each side of a birdbath in the yard. The other week I saw one molt. It was pretty amazing to see that out in the wild.
Incredibly cool! I don't suppose you happened to have your camera...?

Incredibly cool! I don't suppose you happened to have your camera...?
I could have gone in the house to get it but the mantis was deep in tall decorative grass so it was not easy to see. Would not have been able to get a clear shot without disturbing it. I was just happy to see it with my own eyes. :)