Oxyopsis gracilis - color morph mega post!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
Oxyopsis gracilis (Paraguayan Mantis) adult females are normally all the same bright green color. I've been experimenting with selective breeding for several generations. This generation produced a beautiful range of colors that carried over into adulthood. In this video you can see the standard bright green female toward the top, a lighter pear green with red, a mint green, and, my favorite, a rusty red/orange female.

I really love this species and now I have a reason to love them even more. :)

Soundtracks by Precarious

Oxyopsis gracilis - MINT color morph

Minty green Oxyopsis gracilis (Paraguayan Mantis) adult female enjoys a snack. This color makes her look almost plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxyopsis gracilis (RUST) coupling

Rust-colored Oxyopsis gracilis (Paraguayan Mantis) adult female is mated. You get a very good look at the mating process and get a peek at the male's hooked organs.

Oxymatered_3695-sm.jpg

Oxymatered_3688-sm.jpg

Ooths available now! Contact me if you want on the list for ooths or nymphs.

I love the orange/brown ish oxy! She could have easily mimic as a red leaf. I only have a green oxy, I believe she's a green mint! Excellent pictures by the way. :)

My hats off to the mint green one for knowing his job and getting to work!!! Life is a gift and he seem's to know that...gift exchange in the happs. :devil2: :)

I have two that rust color, can't tell by your pics, cause I am hard of seeing! mine have the rust right down the middle, do yours?
Not sure what you mean by "rust right down the middle" but the thorax is usually darker than the rest. Would make sense you have some colors since you've been getting ooths from my stock over the last couple generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts exactly, I was wondering for both species but I figured that for continuity of each thread I posted in both haha.

Latest posts