Oxyothespis dumonti adult female (North African Grass Mantis)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
Baby pics here:

http://mantidforum.n...showtopic=23783

Odumontia-f_7894-sm.jpg

Odumontia-f_7898-sm.jpg

Odumontia-f_7903-sm.jpg

Odumontia-f_7912-sm.jpg

Come now mantids don't moult that fast... Where did you get her?

It is a fairly small species though, who knew they could mature within a month

Come now mantids don't moult that fast... Where did you get her?
I accidentally discovered they mature really fast in the microwave on defrost. Don't try is though because some species explode. :mellow:

Na ah! The adult female was part of a trade! I saw that on your other post. The one about the Oxyothespis dumonti (North Afican Mantis) :) <_<

Wish I posted this sooner. By now many mantids have lost their lives in the microwave :D :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Na ah! The adult female was part of a trade! I saw that on your other post. The one about the Oxyothespis dumonti (North Afican Mantis) :) <_<

Wish I posted this sooner. By now many mantids have lost their lives in the microwave :D :eek:
OK, you're right. The microwave trick only works for ooths. 4 reelz, yall. :shifty: :no:

Lol I was like what the heck... They grow quickly, but c'mon. I'm trying to decide if I need someone to send me a lady or if it's better for me to just send someone else males as needed.

Your photo's look better than ever! Is that the same one(species) you put in the calender?
Thanks! This new lens really makes a difference.

No, that was Humbertiella ceylonica (Indian Bark Mantis) in the calender. Another species with a really interesting face.

Hceylonica_5850-calendar.jpg

Nice looking mantis(The Oxyothespis)! Not that the Humbertiella isn't pretty. :tt1: I agree with Nick, your pics do look better with the new lens!

Hmmm. These are harder to sex than I thought. There's that extra something or other on the end.

Latest posts