P. Griffinii adult female. First mantis I've raised from a young age to adult :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malakyoma

Reaction score
I got this girl 2 months ago at L2. She's been great company for me and a great mantis to help me get acquainted with everything. These are pictures of her drying out after her molt to adulthood. This is Titan.

OrGie.jpg

ZDz19.jpg

sxBhM.jpg

43s6u.jpg

pxFby.jpg

BQH3o.jpg

pOqGn.jpg

Is there a difference in the forearms between griffin's and marbled mantises? Those forearms look like pictures I've seen of aeruginosa forearms.

You have both?

According to some posts, there are 2 species believed to be aeruginosa (Pre and Silentdevill have them) and now there's another mantis (same looks, different name) as one of the two. Where are the lines drawn for these species? Which one is the true griffinii and the true aeruginosa?

My big girl Tank does not have the blue coloring or the black mark on her arms. Could she be some other kind? She is also very big, 4". She is massive and alittle intimidating but very gentle.

Some new pictures from yesterday :)

fWCe5.jpg

LELXA.jpg

VvDiQ.jpg

5gMI2.jpg

jou92.jpg

b7NrA.jpg

sNimh.jpg

Wqe4O.jpg

TUEN5.jpg

She ate a lot last night too. Only gave her soft beetles and worms in case her mandibles were still fragile, but she ate 3 mealworm beetles and a superworm. Could probably have more too.