P. Paradoxa currently mating

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt020593

Reaction score
I have a P. Paradoxa pair currently mating, I would like to know how long this species usually stays together for and how long they need to stay connected to produce fertile eggs? From experience preferably.

Matt

It shouldnt take them long, but we must remember that each pair is different. They will stay together as long as the male decides, it will be fertile.

Thanks Becky, before I went to bed the were connected and they were connected when I checked on this morning then as soon as all the other lights came on they dissconnected, shall I just leave them 'til the male decides to jump off or seperate them myself?

I think he's been on there long enough. Overnight marathon's usually mean success. How's he going now?

If they are not connected you can pull him off.

OK I think I will do that when I get home. I'll mate them again in a couple of weeks just to be sure.

Got to mate my H. Coronatus next :) .

What are you doing on Mantidforum during school hours! By golly, they should reintroduce the strap! :lol: Just messing with ya.
Haha well actually I was in IT which I have finished my work for the year in :p .

Anyway I seperated them when I got back, and both seemed fine.

How long before she will lay do you think?

:D look what I came home to find waiting for me today...

It's not massive but it'll do ;) . Let's hope its fertile.

IMG_7343.jpg

Latest posts