P. paradoxa (Ghost)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrate Darkspeed!! Is your female turning adult soon? for this species i always prefer the male to mature 2 week ahead of female. Let me know if you need subadult or adult female i have extra. Best of luck, nice looking male and great pics!
Hey Yen, how come you prefer the male to mature first? I sped my females up and slowed my male down and he's at least 2 molts behind - bad or good?

Oh it is just me prefer to avoid female laying "empty" ooth too soon while waiting for the male to mature. Also not all male have the courage to mount on the female so need more time to get ready for pairing. THe optimum for me would be the male mature 2 week ahead of female. So by the time female is 3-4 week old the male will be pretty much ready for it.

Congrate Darkspeed!! Is your female turning adult soon? for this species i always prefer the male to mature 2 week ahead of female. Let me know if you need subadult or adult female i have extra. Best of luck, nice looking male and great pics!
I could have sworn my other one was a male too... it has a tall skinny crown and long antenna, and just molted into sub adult last week. The male in the fotos has been an adult for almost a month now. If the younger of the two turns out for sure to be a male also, then I will definitely be in the market for a female, as I really want to try mating ghosts.

Thanks to you guys for the complements. I have fallen head over heels in love with this hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts