P. paradoxa (Ghost)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Lee they can change color depending on humidity. But for me male always end up as dark brown but female can be green, brown, or even black as adult. :D

I didn't check the humidity gauge but noticed more green ghosts if i mist the enclosure more often particularly the one i kept with green fake leaves :D .

GhostF072807a.jpg
GhostF072807b.jpg
What feeder prey is pictured with the ghost?

Lee

Yes Lee, add some fake leaves in the container too, when each of them find their own comfy spot they seldom attack each other. Definately keep them well fed, i would separate them since you only have 5, it is up to you though (if you are willing to take the risk), but i have never seen this species kill each other at this stage. Not until L4/L5 if food source is limited.

I think Perry fed his ghost roaches.

So many pictures... And all are so great !

Thank you for that, really nice.

I have not tried to breed this specie yet... But now I think I will start :)

Took some more photos today and some ages ago i forgot about, ive failed miserably with these, i spent a small fortune on setting these up all to end up with 3 infertile females and some left over wings of males

1385374493_34f823572b_b.jpg

1305076885_f74b50d59f.jpg

1385356781_c577e0601f.jpg

Some of the last photos b4 he was mauled :(

1385374477_ed69ee31f0_b.jpg

1385374479_9061dbbe3d_b.jpg

This is the last female to mature, still a bit "wet" from shedding last night

Here are my latest pics of our newest arrivals from Rebecca. Three tiny little Ghost nymphs. They are so photogenic, though all I have is a crappy little olympus stylus 710. It is nearlt impossible to get a clear shot when set up on super closeup macro. out of 100 shots i think I came away with 10 halfway decent pics and 5 of them are stoll a little blurry.

PB050726.jpg

PB050720.jpg

PB050740.jpg

PB050739.jpg

PB050741.jpg

PB050742.jpg

PB050746.jpg

PB050713.jpg

Well after alot of experimentation with this little camera, and my subject having grown enough for the autofocus to recognize it as the target of the shot I have come away with some pretty good shots...

CopyofPC301047.jpg

CopyofPC301037.jpg

CopyofPC301045.jpg

CopyofPC301043.jpg

CopyofPC301026.jpg

Thanks Rebecca!

I just wonder how detrimental it is to be repeatedly flashed 75 or so times in order to come away with 9 or 10 good shots. Poor little guy had to have been seeing spots afterwards.

wow..cant wait to see mine at adult..your pics are alot better now.great shots.

wow..cant wait to see mine at adult..your pics are alot better now.great shots.
Coming from you thats a heck of a complement!! My camera has two close up shot settings, one that uses the flash and another that doesnt. However the one without a flash requires that you keep the camera extremely still or the foto will blur. Its a real pain cus those shots when done right produce good shots without having to blind your subject with flashes. The flash close up however alows you to literally stick your camera in the enclosure and snap some shots, cuz for some reason during the flash the shutter speed is faster and she shots almost never come out blurry.

Congrate Darkspeed!! Is your female turning adult soon? for this species i always prefer the male to mature 2 week ahead of female. Let me know if you need subadult or adult female i have extra. Best of luck, nice looking male and great pics!

Latest posts