P Paradoxa

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahooli

Reaction score
I'm new to this mkantid keeping and I want to make sure I've done it right. I have 2 P Paradoxa 3rd instar nymphs in a non heated 'natural' glass enclosure with foliage. The temperature is about 20 degrees all day and humidity about 70-80%. They are fed on fruit flies and misted every other day. Is this OK or do I need to do more. Would love to get them to adult hood.

Here is a pic of my setup! Except it now has natural foliage not the thing in the middle!

setup.jpg

Becky

Welcome to the site. Please be sure to make a proper introduction in the introductions forum.

They can live in that enclosure but most mantids tend to stay on the lid so you might not be able to see them very often. While some claim this species can be kept together it is best to keep them seperate to avoid one eating the other. Smaller enclosures are generally best especially for these because they don't move much and in a smaller enclosure there is better chance the food will come near them.

Yeah, they'll probably be on top or on the sides. Are you planning just to put the few you have in there or hatch an ooth in there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. You should see my first enclosure - 15 gal. high, all decked out. I use it for gravid females and, hopefully, as a breeding tank. Otherwise, it is pretty to look at. It will be sweet for a big pet mantid!

That is a lovely enclosure, although I would say it was probably a little on the large side.

You may find problems feeding, as the tank is large, so the livefood with disperse around the tank. I always found smaller enclosures much easier to maintain.

Yes that has been the problem I have discoverd :rolleyes: still I'm learning! It would probably be great for an ooth hatching and I need smaller ones for the individuals!

Becky

Latest posts