Parasitic wasps

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruaumoko

Reaction score
Howdy, I had my first wc ooth produce parasitic wasps overnight. So far I've found 3females

Just wondering how long before they are able to reproduce and also how many can I be expecting to hatch?

Don't get rid of the ooth, healthy mantises can still hatch dont trash the ooth! ....when I had a wc ooth that had parasitic wasps in it, it hatched abt 10...

You want to breed the wasps? I always just fed them to mantids :devil:

Question is parasitic wasps feed able to mantis ?? I have a friend sending me 18 Wild collected Ooth from China .. I was Informed ..some might have parasitic wasps so i need to watch out ... can i use them as feeder or they will harm the Mantis?..

Feed away.. however p wasps I have seen them infect caterpillars and other soft bodied insects...so only put the waps with appropriate nymphs, the wasps could infect an adult that is big and doesn't really notice them...but yeah your pretty safe feeding

Ive fed them to mantids, but I always watch to be sure all is well. Havent had any issues.
Feed away.. however p wasps I have seen them infect caterpillars and other soft bodied insects...so only put the waps with appropriate nymphs, the wasps could infect an adult that is big and doesn't really notice them...but yeah your pretty safe feeding
Question for both you .. I have never had Parasitic wasps before so ... do i treat then like flies freez them then pick it up feed ?? and how big are they ??? If i get sting would I be in big trouble ?

U can freeze but not too long at all.. keep an eye on them, they are tiny...for the most part...,and u shouldnt get stung, and nbd if u do...

All the best,

Andrew

I just catch them and feed them out, they are short lived when in a mantis cup. Ive been bitten/stung its nothing to worry about.

Yeah i saw that as well,blooming disgusting!

I've had 9hatch now.They seem to hatch at first light from what I've seen :)