Parsley worms

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Found 9 of them on my plants. They will turn into black swallowtail butterflys.

PA110004.jpg

PA110005.jpg

I usually find these guys on my dill plants. raise them every year. But the dill wasn't so great these year so I only found two.

I know it is stupid question, but were the plants Parsley?
Yep. Not going to be food. I have noticed fewer butterflies around the last few years so when they come out they will be released. Right now all of them are pupating.

I'm jealous! I planted dill and parsley for like two years in a row hoping to attract some of these, but it never worked. :(

I'm jealous! I planted dill and parsley for like two years in a row hoping to attract some of these, but it never worked. :(
This was our first year and this is the second time I have pulled off a bunch. So far three of them have came out and were released.

Giant mealworms, often called Morio worms are good and beardies usually like them.

They are not expensive and widely available.

Finally found a couple on the plants. I always look but the other day I just noticed two large ones. Brought them in and they pupated with 24 hours. They will make a fine meal for a mantis.

Latest posts