• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parsons chameleons

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
anybody out there able to get some? I am specifically looking for people who can sell atleast 5.

You need to find someone from Germany. They are very successful in breeding Parson for a good price! If not you can contact First Choice Reptile or Underground Reptile, they usually import chameleon from Madagascar!

in europe they sell for about 1000 euros each, them it will cost u a fortune to ship them over

in europe they sell for about 1000 euros each, them it will cost u a fortune to ship them over
I just foudn four of them, each for 1500 dollars, they were already shipped to the US, but the dealer has yet to send me pictures, so I'm guessing theyr't in the best health.

Sad to say, 99% of the Parsons you see for sale now a days, no matter where they're being sold, are captive hatched or wild caught.

Has anybody on here actually bred Parsons and hatched eggs and have legit proof?

If so, let me know your husbrandry, and most importantly diet and incuabtion climate.

Thanks man, those prices are insane. I was offered 5 animals, each for 1,500. I just don't have the money. Just curious how these people get them, so I did some digging. All of these Parsons that are labeled captive bred makes me laugh.

Selling an animal for an extra 1,200.00 bucks is nice, but having one die on you is horrible. And that's what happens with many of these imports.

Unless you're planning on trying to breed them, I don't see the point of getting them, even if you're wealthy. I am grateful to know people who are striving to learn more about this magnificent, magestic species. Tree elephants. :)

Hey man, not sure if I asked you this yet, but whatever happened to that young 5 month old Ambilobe you got from Pam? From the Mekka lineage? His colors were insane at 6 months old, I even remember Pam asking you to notify her if you end up selling him because he was appearing to have tons of yellow and orange instead of red...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

Is there a reason why these guys are so expensive? I mean, they look cool/cute, but they're not really stunning in terms of color. Unless I've been seeing some crappy pics haha :lol: .

Hey,

Is there a reason why these guys are so expensive? I mean, they look cool/cute, but they're not really stunning in terms of color. Unless I've been seeing some crappy pics haha :lol: .
They are banned from being exported by CITES so the only ones that are "legal" are ones that have been captive bred, however in reality most of the time they are all just exported and sent through indonesia or someplace like that and given false paper work to make them "legal" and "CB". The only legal ones are captive bred, and they are difficult to breed, not to mention care for, in captivity.

Hey,

There aren't any captive bred specimens.

Their skin is way different than any available sp. of chameleons, they're huge, and live the longest.

Unfortunately, not many people have had success keeping them longer than 8 years in captivity.

They're said to live more than 19 years.

Latest posts