Parymenopus davisoni (yellow Orchid) new adult female

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelofdeathzz

Reaction score
Messed around with a few different camera settings(OK camera,but bad photographer, lol) to see if I could get any decent shots of her, she just molted to adult last night.

DSCF0866.jpg

DSCF0867.jpg

DSCF0873.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

DSCF0870.jpg

Not bad for me, but still I have no skills, just wanted to show her...

I could ad some pics to the parymenopus consolidated if anyone thinks its worth it?

Nick...u...have....an...adult...female.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ....all the best man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Congrats.

Photo tip:

Try to have light coming from behind you onto the subject. When the light is behind the subject the camera will set the exposure based on the background making the subject dark.

Nice! Congrats.

Photo tip:

Try to have light coming from behind you onto the subject. When the light is behind the subject the camera will set the exposure based on the background making the subject dark.
Thanks bud, I'll do that from now on but I don't have any lighting equipment so I'll have to use Yankee ingenuity somehow.(floro bug lights?)

She is so pretty! Love the green! Can you get a shot of her from the top?

I always find it is easier to photograph them in direct light without a flash. For example near a lamp. Take this advice with a grain of salt though :D

Uh oh, you're gonna get it now!

Back on topic, good job with your American INGENUITY (hah, fleurdejoo) in raising these mantises. A stunning species, and I can't wait until these are as available as ghosts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts