Patty (MantidsGalore.com)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sschind

Reaction score
Patty had a 1 day BOGO listing a few weeks back and even though I missed the one day sale she still gave me the BOGO deal on some ghost nymphs.  Payment was made and they were shipped right away and then there was a delay.  They were shipped on Monday but they did not arrive at my PO until Saturday.  Through it all she maintained excellent communication and as soon as the three day priority shipping window was up Patty immediately refunded my shipping fee.  I picked them up and expected the worst but I was pleasantly surprised. Packaging was excellent and even though I know it wasn't possible I swear I could still feel the warmth from the 40 hour heat pack.  A few had molted during the delivery process and as a result 1 was DOA and another had some issues and died later on but I was very happy with the transaction and the way she handled the delay.  I would not hesitate to purchase from her again.  

I just purchased an orchid and 2 spiny flower nymphs and I am so impressed with this seller! The website has an excellent selection and some of the best prices I've found. Whenever I had questions I always received very prompt and helpful replies. The mantises were shipped out quickly and the packaging was superb! Everything arrived perfectly and she maintained good communication throughout the entire process. I will most definitely be purchasing from this seller again, I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant transaction experience! 

Ordered a single brave little orchid nymph and it showed up safe and very healthy looking, also the fly pupa I ordered hatched in short order. A+ on shipping, speed, and quality- will come back in the future.

ordered 6 budwing nymphs and fly pupae from patty and didnt get what i paid for

i got 9 budwings plus the pupae and they all arrived happy, some freshly molted, and so cute!! only complaint (if you can call it that) is the box was too small for my roommate to notice and thus bring inside (since it fit in the mailbox not the steps) but that's on me and it was a warm day so everything turned out great!! A+ :clap:

Very happy with Patty! Ordered six ghost nymphs and she sent eight. One molted en route. Cute, seem very healthy. Packed extremely well. Great communication throughout from Patty. A plus mantids and caring! 

Patty is a great person. I have ordered from her several times in the past, and she has great communication, and great packaging. She usually stuffs the box with newspaper to fill any extra room, and she overtapes the outside of the box, so NO ONE can get in without a good pair of scissors. :)  For my birthday, she worked with the rest of my family without me knowing and sent me nine ghost mantis nymphs. I usually miss the sales that she has by a couple of hours, but she has worked with me in the past to still give me discounts. Very recently, I bought five budwing nymphs, an egyptian pygmy adult male, and two brunners. She sent me ten budwings, the egyptian pygmy, and house fly pupae which I didn't pay for. When I realized that she had forgotten my brunners, I messaged her, and she sent me two. A few days later, she found the brunners she had meant to send to me the first time, in her packing supplies! She trusts her customers, and has been a great friend to me for a long time. Thanks, Patty!

- MantisGirl13

I ordered 2 L2 ghost mantids from Patty.  Shipping was very prompt, communication was excellent, and I received 3 healthy, happy female ghost mantids.  I had questions about shipping, and Patty responded within hours, same with questions about feeding.  Also, packaging was fantastic!  Even the little cup they arrived in was well made.  There was a stick and skinny artificial leaves hot glued in the little cup, also the paper towel was hot glued down.  Looks like they had some snacks for along the way also!  Could not have asked for a better experience and look forward to ordering from Patty again!  Thanks!

Involved in a trade recently and was very impressed with the packing, some of the best I've seen over the years. Specimens arrived healthy!

Very pleased with my purchase from Patty! She's great with communication and was willing to help me find exactly what I needed. I got 2 male ghosts from her, and she kindly sent an additional female. The budwing trio I got from her look excellent as well. She sends out good stuff and packs it well.

Ordered our first mantids and live food from her. great experience. We purchased an L5 Giant Rainforest and an L3 Ghost, along with a fruit fly culture and some dubias. Everything arrived on time, was well-packed, and she even included a couple extra ghost mantids. Her prices were some of the best we saw and she was pleasant to deal with. As newcomers, we found many of the more popular mantis-selling websites to be outdated and hard to use. Her website was very clear and made the ordering process easy.

Patty is amazing. SO responsive and always sends the package with updates. She is one of my go to's for sure. I got some Violins, Ghost and some Mega Mantids. They are all healthy and hopefully happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered 2 four packs of Ghost nymphs from Patti. She had excellent communication, shipped quickly and packed well. My 8 nymphs arrived with a bonus nymph, housed together in a 16oz container with excelsior and twigs that she hot glued in place so the nymphs had a safe place to sit during transit. One nymph was missing a raptorial arm, but he is doing just fine, molting and eating normally. 

I am very pleased with my transaction, and would happily order from Patti again.

I hate to leave negative feedback but feel honesty is best. 

I placed an order for bluebottle fly pupae on October 9th. Priority shipping was a flat fee of $12.50. I feel this is quite high for a 1 lb package. 

On October 12 I inquired about the order because I was given no estimated arrival time. The email went unanswered. 

On October 16 I received a shipping notification. The email said fresh pupae were sent. I recall seeing that the pupae were in stock when I placed the order. I replied and mentioned that I wish I had known how long it was going to take for the order to arrive. I received no reply. 

The flies arrived today, October 18. Nine days after I placed the order. I no longer even need these flies. All of the pupae in the order hatched despite the cool weather and the containers containing the flies were partially crushed. Thankfully, no flies escaped. 

Regretfully I would not recommend nor will I be a repeat customer. 

I ordered three Violins from Patty. I asked for two subadult or pre-sub males and a female of similar age. I received two females and a male instead. I notified Patty of the mixup and she responded within a few minutes. She asked me if I would like her to send another male and I said that I would appreciate that. 

The three Violins she did send me are healthy and happy. The male is big and handsome, I got a pre-sub female that is just gorgeous with her dark brown coloring and the pre-pre-sub female that also came is a little cutie. 

Thanks so much, Patty!

EDIT: The other male arrived today. He arrived safely, along with some bottlefly spikes and pupae that Patty included. They came on time and Patty was very good about responding to my PMs and emails. I am satisfied with my merchandise, though I was not happy with the packing job this time. The subadult male violin was packed in a pretty small container, which would have been fine except for the fact that it was dented. The denting could not have happened in the mail because of how much filler was in the box, but I think that she accidentally dented the container when putting the filler in. That said, I am happy with my order and I will always recommend Patty and buy from her again. 

Thank you, Patty! 

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent communication. Both specimens very healthy and active. The fruit fly culture is probably the best culture I've ever ordered. It arrived in perfect condition. Great organized packaging. Patty also threw in some housefly larvae in case I needed them. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Latest posts