Peacock Mantis (Pseudempusa Pinnapavonis)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scytheclaw

Reaction score
peacock_mantis_by_enragedbaku-d6f1gya.jpg

That species of mantis is so beautiful and awe-inspiring... They're on my wish-list too... Although they only look pretty without the threat pose... Wonder if we could train one to walk around like that forever. :p

Hairspray! haha I have been trying to get these for years, can't seen to though. I had them before and for some reason they were my fav, but could not get them to mate.

I had the same problem! Mind you this was like seven or eight years ago, but I ended up with a bunch of adults that never even tried to mate, or the male would attempt for five minutes and then flee the female. Oddly enough the females never ate the males... they all just died of old age. :-/

the problem with me wasn't getting them to mate or produce viable oothecas but the one ooth i did hatch it was the case of them not being well received as say other species of mantis..i don't know whether it was the case of them seeing them as a drab mantis and wanting the bright colorful mantid to raise instead or that they were perceived as being harder to raise/keep than they really are

Latest posts