Pede collection

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Hisser! :)  Breeding centipedes usually requires much more time, effort, and cash than breeding other inverts I keep and breed, especially mantids, so I mainly just keep pedes singularly as pets. However, I've bred them in the past, and I have a couple projects happening at the moment involving some pretty species I haven't yet gotten around to photographing, plus one more project that I hope to get started before winter. How about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man you have alot of S.heros I look forward to collecting some in the old when I get the chance

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Hisser! :)  Breeding centipedes usually requires much more time, effort, and cash than breeding other inverts I keep and breed, especially mantids, so I mainly just keep pedes singularly as pets. However, I've bred them in the past, and I have a couple projects happening at the moment involving some pretty species I haven't yet gotten around to photographing, plus one more project that I hope to get started before winter. How about you?
Yeah, you have to be pretty dedicated to breed centipedes, what with the all the trouble you have to go through to sex them and all the money you may have waste trying to get individuals of both sexes. Cool, can't wait to see what your projects are. :)

I have a single S.polymorpha "Rio Grand Giant" and a Rhysida sp. "Purple", I don't think I'll be breeding them in the near future, but I would really like to breed my S.polymorpha down the line. :D

Can't wait to find some and get into this hobby, especially becuase I live in S.heros and S.polymorpha range. Thinking of ordering some S.Heros from a shop and soem S.polymorpha, why is it so much money to breed centipedes?

Well, tbh, almost no one breeds centipedes, so any you see for sale are most likely wild caught. Or if you find plings for sale, they often come from a WC female who was already mated when she was collected, then dropped a clutch afterward. We actually need more breeders in the centipede hobby, so it's awesome if that's your goal!

Latest posts