people please put pics of ur enclosures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment I'm using this for my L5 Idolos. Made it myself, originally with some lowland nepenthes, orchids and tillandsia in mind, but works well enough with mantids as well.

Heat (35c at top, around 28c middle) and lighting are provided by two fluorescent plant tubes. Humidity is kept up with a waterfall (mantids seem to like to hang over it) and spraying. The floor is covered with a layer of fine sand, which is quite easy to keep clean, does not support mold, though at the cost of a little humidity.

The size is only about 70x30x70 cm (2'4'' x 1' x 2'4''), so most likely in time I'll have to move some occupants to another terrarium, as it would otherwise get a bit crowded.

IMG_0923-1.jpg

Is that enough ventilation for a Chinese Mantid?
I dont see why not. The openings I cut are about 2x4 and 2x2. The container isnt air tight. There are small gaps around the handle also. They seem to be perfectly happy in thier homes!

You can copy the direct image code for forums and we would not have to click to open these up they would just be displayed.
When I try that it always says something is wrong with my link....

Latest posts