Phasmid Eggs??

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CesarF

Reaction score
Hi, I found these "things" next to a BIG phasmid, and I think they are eggs!!

Someone can tell me how to keep them?

Thank you!

RSCN4178.JPG

RSCN4179.JPG

RSCN4180.JPG

Keep them at the same temperature where you found them and same humidity. If it rains, you just spray with water. Keep them on a damp surface -> vermicult or kitchen paper

She is neat! Where did you get her? The eggs remind me of seeds. I saw a show on Tv that showed how some insects make eggs that have a thing on each egg. The ants are interested in it and carry the eggs underground. They hatch and baby bugs escape the ants nest unharmed and climb up into the trees.

If she is unmated (parthogenesis) the eggs will take generally from 6-9 months. Sometimes even 12 months. If she is mated then usaully 4-5 months

Try any kind of bramble first; that is, any long or thorny plants. Rose, raspberry, blackberry, are all good.

Keep ova moist but watch for mold.

How long for the eggs hatch?
This depends on the species, it could take from 2-6 months. There are some species that take over a year but those are a different type of phasmid.

La especie de esos huevos es una especie muy bonita, por su color, mimetismo, y sobretodo el gran tamaño que tienen los fásmidos al llegar a adultos :) tienes suerte y te envidio al tener esos huevos, ESPERO QUE TE NASCAN!! :D